Sunday, April 30, 2023

My 40 Favorite Westerns from 1930-1970

If anyone knows me. I love a good Western movie. My list of favorites come from the Hollywood Studio System when it was at its' height 1930-1970. Filmmakers were blocked by The Production Code (Censors) during this time. It broke in the late 1960's when The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) began their "Ratings" system. 

I have left out those Western movies with stereotypical Hollywood "Indians." That accounts for a vast number of films where Non-Indians portrayed real Indians. Or when they are are shown in a "negative" light.

My focus is on Story and Character. This list has changed over the years after viewing more Westerns. I have chosen 40 movies.

Click Posters below which are compiled into two Blog Pages.

My favorite Western is "The Wild Bunch" 1969. (Page List #1 to #20). 


My Number #40 pick is
"The Proud Rebel" 1958. (Page List #21 to #40).


No comments: