Saturday, October 24, 2015

1940's & 1950's movie star Maureen O'Hara dies at 95

Old Hollywood Movie Star - Maureen O'Hara has died. If anyone knows me. They should know that I'm all about classic movies. My favorite Maureen O'Hara films are, "How Green Was My Valley", "Rio Grande", "Miracle on 34th Street" & "The Black Swan" with Tyrone Power which I've seen way too many times.

I'm so glad she wrote her autobiography because she debunked the movie historians who tried to rewrite film history with John Ford's movies. She called those stories "Rubbish" because she worked with Ford.

Everyone thought O'Hara would get an Oscar nomination for "The Quiet Man" which she didn't. O'Hara would have to wait until 2014 when she received an honorary Oscar. A much deserved award. RIP Miss O'Hara. You will live on in all those classic films left behind...,

Click on movie poster for Hollywood Reporter news.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/maureen-o-hara-dead-technicolor-719984
(Best Picture Oscar winner 1941)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O'Hara never told the secret whisper. Benjamin Franklin once said, "Three can keep a secret, if two are dead."