Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Enthralling Documentary "Ingrid Bergman: In her own words"

INGRID BERGMAN: IN HER OWN WORDS. The documentary came to "The Guild" here at Albuquerque and I watched it. If anybody knows me. I am a classic film buff. I read Ingrid's autobiography "Ingrid Bergman: My Story" several times. Her life was acting.

This documentary shows that she saved everything, home movies, pictures and a diary. Her life is all here from early childhood to theatre, to movies, to scandal and back to movies again. It was a passionate life to say the least and she never acted like a movie star. She was real and honest. I've seen all of her movies and my favorites are, "Joan of Arc", "Casablanca", "Saratoga Trunk", "Intermezzo" (both versions), "Gaslight", "Spellbound", "For whom the bell tolls" and "Anastasia." My absolute favorite is "Notorious" directed by Alfred Hitchocok.

No comments: