Friday, December 22, 2023

John Woo 'Silent Night' is his homage to 'Silent Movies'

SILENT NIGHT from LIONSGATE. Director John Woo's latest action film is still in theaters. Plus, it's streaming with Digital and On-Demand.

I walked into a movie theater to watch this. Critics and fans of "Woo" are giving it mixed reviews. They are confused too and.... I think I know why?

This is John Woo's "Silent Film." There is no dialogue spoken by any of the actors or actresses. The sound effects and musical score took the front seat and I loved it.!!! Only because I enjoy 1920's silent movies.

I sat up in my theater seat to watch and listen. All of the emotions are there in body movement and in the human eyes. We even had to read a written note at the end. No spoken words.

This is a story which has been done so many times in action films. A father's vengeance against the man who killed his son. Been there - Done that.!!

John Woo takes a new approach with the lead actor (father) who loses his voice after getting shot in the throat. When he goes silent. So does the whole movie. Congratulations on taking a different take. Check it out.

No comments: