Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Oscar winner & comedian Robin Williams dies at 63

After reading all of the comments on social media. Robin Williams certainly touched the world through his work as a comedian & movie work, including his Academy Award winning performance in GOODWILL HUNTING. I grew up with Robin because in Jr. High School, I imitated his Mork character on the TV sitcom MORK & MINDY.

I certainly loved his comedy performances in movies, but he was also very dark & serious. I've seen DEAD AGAIN with Kenneth Branagh & Emma Thompson a thousand times. Robin  had a cameo role & he was great in it. He had so much energy that the question remains, "Can a film role contain his wide range?" I must say, the comedy THE BIRDCAGE let Williams run wild. When I first saw it. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Every scene had that Williams comedy touch. His Ronald Coleman or Goldman had to rein in his male lover through every hilarious situation, whether it was serious or funny.

Williams used to imitate other people & my favorites were Jack Nicholson, Mick Jaggar & Jim Backus as Mr. Howell on the TV sitcom GILLIGAN'S ISLAND. I'm just so glad his work has been captured on TV & movies including his stand up comedy. Rest in Peace Mr. comedian Robin Williams. - Click on the hot photo for news on the death of Robin Williams.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-dead-actor-dies-724724
(Nathan Lane & Robin Williams in THE BIRDCAGE 1996)


 

No comments: