Tuesday, August 28, 2018

I liked, 'Crazy Rich Asians' that is now in movie theaters 2018

CRAZY RICH ASIANS. First of all, I think it's great that this has a full Asian cast. The community has been mis-represented in mainstream Hollywood for decades. The last movie with a full Asian cast was back in the 1990's with "The Joy Luck Club."

It reminded me of the 1930's romantic comedies where there is a fish-out-of-water story. Film audiences have never seen Asians who are modern and also "filthy" rich. Thank God this is a studio movie who can promote this around the world. I thought it was funny with these great characters. Most of all though, I loved the family traditions that are still relevant and powerful today. I enjoyed the local Singapore street food scenes too. I'm a big fan of Michelle Yeoh (her martial arts) and that's why I went to see it. I'm glad I did. Go and watch it for just the cinematography alone that captured the country of "Singapore" beautifully.

According to "Box Office Mojo" that tracks movie receipts. As of Monday Aug. 27, 2018. It has nabbed $79,281,410 million in US Theaters. It has also grabbed $86,581,410 million at the world wide box office. The production budget climbed to $30 million.

No comments: