Saturday, June 29, 2024

My Favorite 'Gunsmoke' Radio Western Episodes

GUNSMOKE on CBS Radio (1952-1961). The western ran for nine seasons from the golden age of radio. It reached 40 million listeners at its' peak. The adult western was a hit with critics and fans. Because of its' popularity. CBS created the "Gunsmoke" TV western that ran for twenty seasons (1955-1975). The radio cast was not used for the television cast.

"Gunsmoke" radio has 480 episodes on the Internet. I have at least 100 top favorites. I've knocked them down to 25 episodes for this Blog. I spent time picking each episode because they are all good.

Click the "Gunsmoke" logo below for my top 25 picks.

"Radio Spirits" had remastered 20 episodes for DVD. 

William Conrad (above) portrayed Matt Dillon in the popular Radio series (1952-1961).

If you enjoy Westerns like I do. Radio opens the imagination. Let's go back to the Old West of the 1870's at Dodge City, Kansas.

No comments: