MOTOR CITY distributed by INDEPENDENT FILM COMPANY (2026). This action movie opened in theaters on July 24, 2026. It stars a Alan Ritchson (Jack Reacher/Season 1-4).
I walked into a movie theater here at Albuquerque to watch this. When I sit on the edge of my seat throughout a film. That means that I love it and I did with this movie.
The story is simple. Set in Detroit back in 1977. A gangster pushes his girlfriend around outside a nightclub. John (Ritchson) beats up the gangster. The girlfriend leaves with John. The gangster buys off a police detective to set up John. They plant drugs in his car and he goes to prison. John seeks bloody revenge.
This is almost a Silent Film from the 1920's. There is maybe 15 words of dialogue. It's all musical score with several 1970's hit songs. I absolutely loved it.!
What the audience sees are so many "emotions" from each character. We also see what they "think" and "feel" through body movement. It is a rollercoaster ride. I felt every emotion by each character and with the sound-track.
That elevator scene was bloody and violent. It was packed with anger, rage, pain, desperation, strength, hope and vengeance. My eyes focused in on that bloody knife stuck in the floor. The battle and struggle to use it was so intense.... Wow.!!
I cannot say enough about this. What a great idea from the screenplay writer. It turned out to be a "feast" for the eyes. Check it out if you can.
Movie Poster 2026.

No comments:
Post a Comment