CHOOSING TEXAS sung and co-written by ELLA LANGLEY (2026). I usually don't do this because I report on movies, trailers and mystery podcasts. But.... I'll make an exception because I am a classic country music fan (1980s & 1990s).
Everyone has gone crazy over the newest song by Ella Langley. It's called, "Choosing Texas" and it is a throw-back to traditional country music. It hit number #1 on the hot country chart for 25 weeks. It has crossed over to the hot pop chart and hit number #1 for 18 non-consecutive weeks (8-22-2026). It is the song of the Summer.
"Texas" tells the story about Ella who is from the state of Tennessee. She travels with her boyfriend back to his home town of Abilene, Texas. They walk into a bar and his former childhood sweetheart is there. Ella realizes that she may lose her man and what waits for him in Abilene. She sings about him choosing Texas even after what she had taught him about Tennessee.
This certainly is a return to what country music used to be. The lyrics, the voice and the musical sound. Older music fans are saying, "Country music is back from the dead." Everyone is reacting to this song across the internet. It has reached number #1 in multiple countries too. Celebrities, country singers and regular folks are singing their "covers" of the song. A rap artist created his own lyrics over the song. Music singers are even writing an answer to the song by "Leaving Texas" (Hahaha!).
What I like are the lyrics that mention older country artist songs, "Smokey Mountain Rain" (Ronnie Milsap), "Amarillo By Morning", (George Strait) and "East Bound and Down" (Jerry Reed). Their influence on Ella is extraordinary and it is just old-fashioned country.!!
"Choosing Texas" official music video.
No comments:
Post a Comment