Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sending positive vibes to former Theater director in "Daystar" dance company

Sadly -- Theatre director & playwright Ned Bobkoff has slipped farther into Alzheimer's. I worked with him & Rosalie Jones in the "Daystar Dance Company" back in the 1990's. I am sending positive vibes to Rosalie who has decided to put Ned in a nursing home because the disease is engulfing him. She cannot take care of him anymore because he needs special care. 

I talked to Ned earlier this year 2015 and he forgot that I called the next day. So, I pray that he gets the best care that he needs. I met Ned along with Rosalie who were putting together a theatre performance of "Sacred Woman, Sacred Earth" back in 1991 at Santa Fe. (Was it that long ago?) Our group had it's ups and downs, but Ned was our fearless director. He was always a tad bit frustrated but positive. 

The photo below was the last performance I did for Daystar back in 1998. You cannot see me in the photo. I'm behind Rosalie and right next to Vince Whipple (powwow dancer). It was called "Prayer of the First Dancer" where I was the narrator/actor. I had long hair back then. Ned was our director.  (It is the only photo of our performance).

http://daystardance.com/artist.html
(Click on photo for "Daystar" official website)

No comments: