Thursday, September 10, 2015

SAG-AFTRA show us your card & tell us your story on video

Did you guys get the email from the SAG-AFTRA president Ken Howard? Union members can create a short video of how & when they got their SAG-AFTRA card. Just send it in to the email provided. It's called "Show us your card, Tell us your story."

I probably won't send in a video because it's really no Big Deal to anyone but "me." I got my SAG card on the comedy film SLACKERS 2001. I played a college student & I was 30-something. I looked real young. Jason Segel is one of the lead characters in the comedy & he's in a black & white classroom scene. I'm sitting in front of him taking a test. The director told us that we had to pass that test. The camera pulled out from Jason & it's about 14 seconds long. I look like I'm really concentrating too. Hah!

I had not seen the film until this year 2015. I'm also in another scene in the background talking with a female student. I have a red shirt on. An actor classmate knew the film's director & he got me the job where I received my 3 SAG vouchers that qualified me for my union card. I've been a proud member since. By the way, I just cut off my long hair too in 2000. I got tired of the NATIVE WARRIOR thing & stopped.

Below is a screen shot of my scene. I'm in front of Jason Segel. SLACKERS is not great & wasn't a success at the box office. But, it got me in. I've been trying to get a lead role ever since without success.

http://www.sagaftra.org/
 

No comments: