Sunday, January 31, 2016

Billboard Magazine's Top 20 Pop Hits of 1980

This is the last compilation of "Counting Down the 80's" in pop music. Wow, what a great decade of music which I lived through & will not forget. I actually liked all the 20 top hits here & believe me, I listened to-too-much radio back then. I remember each song and the words almost by heart.

What I recall is where I was when "Mount St. Helens" exploded in the Pacific Northwest. My home state is Oregon. My family & I were at a cultural Pow-Wow in Eugene, Oregon south of the mountain. The heavy Ash traveled east all the way into the state of Idaho & Montana. 

In 1980, there was no MTV or music videos. So we relied on Live performances. SOLID GOLD was in its' first TV season in syndication on weekend's. It had all the singers, song-writers & rock bands who were backed by the Solid Gold dancers. (My favorite dancer was Beverly). Disco was pronounced dead that year too. 

My favorite of the top 20 would probably be Michael Jackson's ROCK WITH YOU - Styx with BABE - Smokey Robinson with CRUISIN'. Boy, those were the days and I miss them. 1980's rocked!

No comments: