Tuesday, August 4, 2015

NED BOBKOFF theatre director of DAYSTAR & playwright passes at 81

I was just going to send Rosalie Jones a message for Ned Bobkoff whose health was failing. I wanted to give him my best, but he passed away at age 81. At least I got to talk with him last Spring 2015.

Below is a collage of pictures I made when I performed with the "Daystar Dance Company" back in 1991. Rosalie was the artistic director & choreographer. Ned was our director & I was a would-be dancer. We traveled to North Carolina & I must say we gave Ned a hard time. But, he brought out in us a capable performance.

1991 was a long time ago, but I stayed in touch with Rosalie & Ned over the years. He was always encouraging & positive. Rest easy now. We will always remember you. - Roscoe Pond

(The Group Photo. Ned is standing next to Rosalie whose is at "Center." I have my head resting on Rosalie's shoulder. We are waiting for our airplane back to Santa Fe. Click on Photo to Enlarge).

 (Photo by Roscoe Pond. Our group in "Sacred Woman, Sacred Earth" 1991).

No comments: