Friday, March 25, 2022

Classic 'Dateline' in shocking episode 'Do No Harm' with Lestor Holt from 2016

DATELINE on NBC. The episode is called, "Do No Harm" that aired on Jan. 17, 2016. I thought I was a hardcore TV fan until I missed a few episodes. I don't know how I skipped this segment - but I did.... I'm glad I caught up with it. 

Lestor Holt narrates "Do No Harm" which tells the story about a renowned doctor who specialized in cancer diagnosis.... Monica was an active and healthy woman in her late 40's. She went in for an annual check up and this doctor told her she may have cancer. It was a total shock because her brother had lung cancer. Her sister also had breast cancer. Monica was advised to take heavy medications before the cancer took over. The doctor also wanted her to be on a lifetime treatment involving chemotheraphy plus medication. The cost would be an annual bill of $250,000.

Then one day - Monica tripped and broke her leg. The doctor was on vacation and a different physician looked at her health charts. She was told that she never had cancer.

I will not give anything away.... This doctor had other patients whom he told they had cancer too. Several of these patients died.... Is this murder?

Click photos below for DATELINE episode DO NO HARM. It streams on the old NBC website with 6-parts, plus extensive interviews.

(NBC photo.).

(NBC photo. Lestor Holt interviews victims of a doctor who was charged with etreme fraud.).

No comments: