Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Votes for the Umatilla Tribal Elections on Nov. 17, 2015 have been counted

Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla, Walla Walla & Cayuse Indian people have approximately 2,199 enrolled & eligible voters. The turn out brought the most tribal members in recent memory with 753 voters. There were 611 walk-in voters & 161 absentee ballot votes. My absentee ballot got in with the first group.

I'm only surprised by the turn out, but not too thrilled by very little change. 7 of the incumbents were re-elected with 4 new elected candidates & 1 write-in candidate. I said before that I left my absentee ballot half empty because none of the candidates contacted me with only 2 seeking my vote. YOU HAVE TO EARN MY VOTE & the majority did not. 2 of my selections were elected. I will reach out to them & congratulate from Albuquerque, NM. 

The absentee ballot fiasco by the Election Committee was unfortunate. They did however offer to pay postage & extended the deadline up to election day. So, there you have it. Your voice will not count if you didn't vote. 

Umatilla Indian Reservation is in Top Right Corner in state of Oregon.
https://www.facebook.com/TheCUJ/

No comments: