Saturday, July 2, 2016

"EXAMINER" will shut down July, 10, 2016

EXAMINER NEWS online internet. I was quite surprised when I checked my Email "In-Box." My boss at "Examiner.com" told me that our online news source is shutting down. I just celebrated my 4th anniversary too. All of us writers can no longer submit writing content. The reason is unclear, but our newspaper cannot compete with other Internet content.

I had written over 1,000 news articles on Native Culture and in the last year on TV Crime. As of Saturday July 2, 2016. I am ranked number "#1" and number "#2" for Top Albuquerque Examiners. In-fact, I've been number #1 for the last 10 months. 

As of Saturday July 2, 2016. I am ranked number "#5" for Top Art and Culture Examiners. I am ranked number #63 for Top Arts and Entertainment Examiners because of my TV Crime articles.

I learned a lot with writing news and I'm grateful for the opportunity to write on Native Culture in the Southwest. I had a good fan base of readers and at least I'm going out on top at Albuquerque. I will continue to write here at my Blog, but without pay because I enjoy my Blog. I don't know if I want to go to another online news source. All of my articles will be taken down July 10, 2016. I already made copies though. Thank you all for reading my articles. It has been fun. 

(Examiner.com goes down July 10, 2016)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If any examiner wants to look at archiving their content without copy and pasting they can use a site archival tool like httrack http://michaelghurston.com/2016/07/how-to-archive-your-examiner-com-articles/

Unknown said...

I've been writing for Examiner for almost 5 years.
I'm so upset.

Colleen

FaithDream said...

I've been writing on there for 5years now and was also shocked, but not surprised. For months this site's pop up ads were turning off its readers. I started writing less but the way they sent out the message was quite shocking. Now to move on to something else.

Unknown said...

Many people do not understand that Examiner.com was not just a paycheck; it was a passion. Passion is the key word. I loved writing for Examiner.com. It was not just a job. There are many former Examiner.com writers who feel a great loss today. I just want to say thank you to Examiner.com for my hundreds of thousands of loyal readers who loved Examiner.com. The online newspaper helped many people and made an impact in America for nearly a decade on the lives of millions of daily readers. I will miss Examiner.com.

Elizabeth R Rose said...

So here it is, the 15th of July and our articles are still live... albeit with popover ads that always have been annoying. I'd rather they shut the site down as they said they would. I have moved on....