Friday, January 27, 2017

'Perry Mason' actress, Barbara Hale dies at 94

If anybody knows me. I love a good murder mystery. I am coincidentally binge-watching the old TV series, "Perry Mason." It ran for 9 TV seasons and I'm in the middle of Season 8. Barbara Hale portrayed Perry's secretary Della Street and won a supporting-actress Emmy award. She and Raymond Burr (Perry Mason) re-prised their roles in the 1980's with 30 TV movies that played into the 1990's. Hale was a successful movie actress before she was cast as Street. I have too many favorite episodes of "Perry Mason." I did however, watch a lot of the episode called, "The case of the Crimson Kiss." A playboy is found dead by Perry and Della. His forehead has lip prints on it and two young women are drugged into a deep sleep. One of them was involved with the dead man. Check it out if you can, but only if you are partial to "black and white" Television shows.

Click photos for "Internet Movie Database" of BARBARA HALE.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354853/
(Della and Perry involved with murder. 1950's)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354853/
(Perry Mason and Della Street return in the 1980's)

No comments: